There are many ways of learning and educating students. Some benefit from being taught in a classroom through tutors while others develop by reading a textbook. Modern technology has advanced in recent years so online learning has become an addition.
However, an undeniable fact is that people learn and absorb more when they are having fun. And there’s no better way of doing it than by heading away on a tour expedition which will benefit those on it in so many ways.
- Using a company that will tailor a tour to the needs of the educational establishment is a fantastic way of going about such a tour, especially as it is sustainable with the people and the planet being considered.
- The expeditions look to focus on teaching leadership as they are student-led. It allows for learning how to tackle certain situations while under pressure, which is a fantastic skill to take forward in later life.
- The staff of the school and those of the tour company will oversee the tour so that risk assessments are always followed so that no one is in any danger while facing challenges. It’s a great way for tutors to also learn new ways of adapting.
- There is a wide range of itineraries available over different lengths of time to some exciting destinations which will add to the adventure and challenge with different climates, cultures, and foods needing to be accounted for.
- The leadership skills being learned outside the comfort zone will allow for empathy and the understanding of others to be developed along with teamwork and personal resilience when faced with challenges outside the comfort zone.
- At the end of a tour, the students will leave with enhanced confidence, new skills, and techniques, as well as a self-awareness that can pave the way to a successful future career in management.
- Friendships will be built that can last a lifetime, as memories will be stored of a happy and fulfilling expedition. Learning how to deal with budgets for the first time and shopping for supplies after treks over tough terrains is a real life changing education while living in local-style accommodation and dealing with the local climate.
A school tour expedition is an amazing way for students to learn about themselves, and each other, and how to build skills and learn to manage different scenarios. It is the perfect grounding for dealing with later life.